UPDATED January 2020
Payroll & Privacy Go Hand in Hand
Our Clients rely on us to manage the payroll of thousands of workers across the globe. Safely and securely managing personal data is, therefore, a crucial part of the services we offer. In demonstration of our commitment to privacy, we have integrated privacy and data protection policies, safeguards and controls into our business activities. These include:
- The appointment of a Global Data Protection Officer;
- Continued investment in security measures and training in the areas of privacy, data protection and security for all of our staff worldwide;
- Adherence to the rules and standards of the General Data Protection Regulation as a global data protection baseline for all companies within the Safeguard Global Group, to be followed whenever and to the greatest extent possible (considering that, depending on the territory, local laws may create conflicts with the GDPR);
- Adherence to the principles and rules laid out in the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
More information on our Privacy Policies is available at the links below:
- The EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework was designed by the US Department of Commerce and the European Commission in support of transatlantic commerce, to provide companies on both sides of the Atlantic with a mechanism to comply with data protection requirements, when transferring personal data from the European Union to the United States. We comply with and adhered to the rules and principles within this Framework regarding the collection, use, disclosure and retention of personal data transferred from the EU to our companies in the United States. The specific Privacy Policies we have developed to help you to understand how personal data sent to the United States is handled are below. If there is any conflict between these policies and the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework’s rules and principles, these rules and principles will apply. To learn more about the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, please visit: https://www.privacyshield.gov.